Tuesday 27 November 2012

Show Business

Over the past month I have been apart of and helped out at a few shows, selling my wares to the public for the build up to Christmas.

For one day I took part in We Make London's Christmas Fayre on Sunday 4th November based in Chelsea Town Hall, Chelsea.  I've helped out my lovely friend Zeena at the infamous Country Living Fair at the Business Design Centre, Islington, and recently I took part in Craft Central's Winter Made In Clerkenwell, where I was apart of a Designer Pop Up Shop.

It's been great to be out selling directly to the public, as it makes a change from Trade Shows and it's great to do a bit of Market Research for a reasonable price to see whether the area/event you are selling at is right for your business.

With We Make London's Christmas Fayre, we were very unfortunate with the weather as it poured with rain all day!  Something you can never predict what's going to happen on the day.  This meant footfall wasn't as busy as it should have been. 

Nevertheless I still got to meet some great people with potential leads, make sales and meet some new friendly designer-makers, such as Hope and Eden.



On the 7th November I went along to Islington to help out Zeena -Textiles & Homewares with her stand at the Country Living Fair. 

Zeena has done this fair at this time of year, for two years in a row now and I asked if I could help her out for the day to give a helping hand with the busy buyers. 

It was also an opportunity for me to envisage whether Laura Felicity could feature within a show like this.


The  fair was amazing! Very busy, and a lot to choose from in terms of products.  As a business selling at Country Living it is a very long show...5 days in total, which doesn't include set up or take down! This is a tough slog, as other selling shows and Trade Shows tend to only be 3-4days. 
And trust me that final 5th day would have been very hard work.


It amazes me how people find what they are looking for without getting side tracked with all the other wonderful wonders with the Design Business Centre.

I have a lot of thinking to do in terms of exhibiting selling here...


On Thursday 22nd November Craft Central, based in Farringdon, London opened it's doors to the public for a few days, giving 120 designer-makers the opportunity to sell their products before the crazy Chrismas rush.


As always, this is a lovely show to be apart of because you get some wonderful people walking around who have a real interest in design and all things handmade.  It's also a great way to network with other designer-makers  and get to know/catch up with one another, as it can be a lonely life working in the studio all by yourself.



I was selling my smaller wares at the Design Pop Up Shop including my Lavender Bags, Coasters, Hand Cut Prints and Greetings Cards.

I was also introduced new offers with my products which will be coming to the website soon...all will be revealed shortly, so watch this space.

 

With my participation in selling shows all done for this year, I am now focusing on seeing in the New Year with Trade Shows, more selling shows and designing new products for 2013!

My range is still available for perfect Christmas gifts until Thursday 20th December on my online shop.

Plus watch out for my Christmas Countdown offers...Coming Soon!

Best Wishes,

Laura Felicity

1 comment:

  1. lady you been busy, i decide against shows this year, as much as I like selling directly to the public and meeting people, sells online are my thing. Have a well deserve break and see u next year around the shows, not doing Home in january as i will be in spain designing new products, and resting from this weather. kisses and all the best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete