Monday 2 July 2012

My Little Project

Hi all,

I have started off this week getting back into screen printing.  With the two shows (Made In Clerkenwell and Pulse) within one month of each other, the making side to Laura Felicity came to bit of a stand still.

But not to worry I was back in the printing workshop in full force today working on a little wallpaper project.

I am currently redecorating my bedroom as a little 'DIY' project which has been going on for a couple of months (more of this will be shared with you in the month to come), and being a wallpaper designer and maker it seemed silly not to incorporate one of my wallpaper designs within the project.


The walls have been prepped and papered with lining paper, but there is still so much to do! i.e. re-glossing skirting boards, picture rails, painting some of the walls etc.  However I couldn't wait any longer to print the paper, and so today was the day.

I have chosen to do a Feature Wall in the room with my Geometric Flower wallpaper.  I don't think this wallpaper pattern has had enough exposure within the design world as much as I'd hoped, especially when 'Dotty Bird' and 'Pretty Flower' are a huge success. 

I on the other hand have a secret love for this pattern and I think all it needs is for people to see what it looks like as a feature to get to realising what a lovely design it is. 
And so, I have taken it upon myself to use this pattern and show it in all its glory, and I am really happy with the nearly finished outcome...


I have chosen a different colour palette to my three retail options for Geometric Flower as I needed it to match the bedroom colour scheme.  Instead I have printed the paper in the Dotty Bird's Cream and Plum Purple colour range. 

I think this colour combination works really well with Geometric Flower and makes it a very striking pattern, so much so I am adding this colour to my Geometric Flower retail and bespoke options!



All that's left to do with the wallpaper (apart from hang it) is iron on the gold foil butterflies I have already printed, and cut a few of them out so they'll create a fluttering effect.  This is inspired by my Bespoke Wallpaper option 'Cut-Out Flutter'.

 
When the room's done, it will reflect a romantically elegant and relaxing haven for me to wind down in after a long day of work.

I'm so excited to get it all finished and show you!

Best Wishes,

Laura Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment