Tuesday 16 October 2012

*Birthday Celebrations!*

Hi all!

The past weekend I celebrated my Birthday, and I am now officially on the 'wrong side of twenty' some would say!

Reflecting back on this year alone and being 25, I have to disagree to this statement as I have had so much fun and an ever exciting year.  Yes, I've has my downs, but I feel I have gotten stronger and more confident in the person I am becoming and feel I can tackle my problems better than ever before, with a positive head on my shoulders.

I have met some lovely new friends through work and generally out and about, along with making sure I let my hair down once in a while by getting out away from the studio and to have a break from all the hard work I've been putting in to my business.

I have stepped up my business in terms of developing my Laura Felicity collection, and feel positive about where I am driving the business to be!

...Anyway I had a lovely Birthday weekend, which consisted of my lovely BF taking me out on Friday evening for a gorgeous meal at an Organic Gastro Pub in Islington called The Duke Of Cambridge.  If you've never been, this is definitely somewhere you have to try.  I had a ristotto dish, and I have to say, it was the best risotto I have ever tasted-to the extent I wanted more! (and believe me there was plenty on my plate to begin with.)

Before and after the meal he took me to a couple of bars, which again you should go to and try out.  Before the meal we went to Cuba Libra, a great Cuban Bar and Restuarant which does Tapas and Happy Hour every day!

Yes we did get a round of cocktails and beer chasers to start the night!

The other bar was The Bull, another great pub I'd fully recommend.  It was a perfect place to end a fabulous night with the BF!
...And a small sign of us both getting older-yes we both fell asleep all the way home on the last tube.  It's just lucky we are at the end of the line!

On Saturday I was up early and went to Zumba-a great wake up call to start your weekend off, especially when you had alcohol the previous night!  If you want something high impact and are based in North London, give these classes a go...they won't let you down!

Zumba was great fun as always and for the rest of the day I was able to relax and pamper myself for the night ahead (apart from walking the dogs).

'Press For Champange'!

The BF and I headed into King's Cross, where he treated me to a lovely glass of champagne at the famous Champagne Bar within the station.


Then we headed on over to a great tapas bar and restaurant called Camino, where we had a lovely selection of picky bits before the night of my birthday began.

After, we headed over to meet some friends at a fabulous bar called Drink, Shop & Dance, which is connected to the cafe and bar Drink, Shop & Do.  What used to be a sex shop, is now a great place to have good drinks from a selection of wine, beer, cocktails and gin as well as dance the night away to some current music and old school tunes.

We did not stop dancing for the whole night...

To finish off, on the Sunday, my actual birthday, I was spoiled with some lovely presents and a fabulous home made lasagne from my mum.  It was a very chilled out affair, after a very hectic and socialable weekend.

All in all I had a fabulous time of turning 26, and I can't wait to see what this year will bring in both work and life!

Best Wishes,

Laura Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment