Monday 25 June 2012

Cockpit Arts Open Studios

Last Friday my lovely friend Lorna Syson invited me over to her new studio space where she has been for two weeks.  This lovely new studio is based at the very well known Cockpit Arts in Deptford, where they were also having an Open Studio weekend.  A perfect way for Lorna to promote she's just moved in!


Lorna Syson is well known for creating three dimensional textile flowers which are designed to be hung on walls.  They are a great alternative to wallpaper and for filling an empty space.  Each petal is stitched into a floral formation by hand, and come in a variety of sizes and colours.


Lorna also creates digital print patterns consisting of her bird series of Blue Tits and Bullfinches as well as her Bradbury design which is inspired by triangle formations.  Both designs are available as lampshades and cushions and are available in a variety of sizes.  The Bradbury design is also available to purchase as fabric by the meter and wallpaper.

 

Whilst walking around Cockpit Arts Open Studios I got to see some familiar designers, including a couple I featured on the previous blog post; Thornback & Peel, and Timea Sido.  I also discovered some new talent which I've never seen before...funnily enough they are all ceramics based, I think my subconscious is trying to tell me something...

Porcelain Bell 

 

 

Cockpit Arts have studios based in Holborn and Deptford.  Their studios are open to the public twice a year and are definitely worth a look around to discover new talent, get some inspiration, or to buy lovely handmade presents.  Find out more here.

Best Wishes,

Laura Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment