Tuesday 4 September 2012

...before the madness begins

It's been a weird summer this year.  Time has flown by and I'm finding it hard to retrace where the days have gone.  Normally the boyfriend and I go away over the Summer, either at the beginning or just a little after the Summer Holidays, but now he has qualified as a Secondary school teacher, all is change.

Plus, this is the first year I am doing a Trade Show during the most important time of year for design; the London Design Festival.  I will be taking part at Tent London from 20th - 23rd September and I couldn't be more excited about it.


This will be a great opportunity for me to show off my Bespoke Wallpaper Service with all eyes focusing on my hand screen printed wallpaper (as well as the high end homewares), which has never been done before in the world of Laura Felicity.



This summer I have had to juggle planning, selling and dispatching orders from Pulse Trade Show held back in June, to getting ready for this event over the last few months.

Because of this and the school term situation, we have found it hard to settle on a date to go away and enjoy the summer before the dark, cold mornings and evenings begin to creep back into our lives.

However amongst all the madness, we were able to go up to Yorkshire for a few days to see my dad's side side of the family.
It was just what we needed because we got to spend some long awaited time with each other, as well as seeing family, go sight seeing and relax before the start of the trade show count down (and term time for him) begins.



We saw the sights of Harrogate, York and Whitby over the course of three days and it couldn't have been more blissfully perfect.


Having time away from all the crazy goings on in your life; whether it be work, relationships, social life, or all the above makes you realise how good it is to relax, enjoy the company you are with at the time and get to let your hair down without stress surrounding you.


You also come away feeling very refreshed and ready to embrace anything that comes your way...

So here's to my next crazy month.  Let's hope the relaxed and embraced feeling stays with me long enough to see me through!


Best Wishes,

Laura Felicity

No comments:

Post a Comment